Skincare Steps: Day Moisturizer
When you cleanse your face, you remove dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria, but at the same time, you strip some moisture from the skin. Water is what keeps your skin plump and smooth. Moisturizers lock in that necessary water by keeping it from escaping or drawing out water from the inner dermis towards the top of your skin! It's the culmination of all the previous steps!
How to use: After serum, while it's still a little damp, massage your moisturizer over your face and neck until absorbed.
Make sure you choose the right moisturizer for your skin type and season (light in the warm months, thicker in the cold months.)
SUNDAY RILEY C.E.O. C + E antiOXIDANT Protect + Repair Moisturizer
Great for all skin types! Deeply hydrating without being greasy and oily. We loved it for our stressed-out city skin. This moisturizer can be used day or night - but if you have dry skin, better just stick to day.
- Vitamin C: Fights visible signs of aging, restores skin's radiance, fights UV-C damage!
Bratty skin, say hello to this magic cream. It goes on satin-smooth and is light throughout the day.
- Alpine Rose: improves skin cell vitality, protects skin barrier.
- Malus Domestica Apple: helps your skin act and look younger.
- Solar Vitis Grape Fruit Stem Cells: give additional protection against UV radiation.
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè
Jane Birkin's moisturizer of choice for many, many years. Need we say more? Probably not, but we will anyway. It's a primer, moisturizer, and make-up remover. Good for all skin types, but we wouldn't recommend using this in the summer, as it can feel a little dense. But it's perfect for colder months and acts like a great protector from the elements. Bonus - it smells like French dreams. Great for day and night!
$16 - $28 depending on size.
Amazing for dry or very dry skin.
- Resveratrol: a plant compound that acts as an antioxidant.
- CoQ10: Coenzyme Q10 is a type of antioxidant found throughout the body and there's less of it produced as we get older, so this is a boost.
- Hyaluronic acid
Acure Sensitive Facial Cream
Light, easy, and delicate for sensitive skin. Also good for dry and normal skin! Doesn't clog pores, and smells nice and earthy.
- Argan Oil
- Sunflower Amino Acids