Skincare Steps: Serum
You've done the cleanser and toner. Next step is the serum. Just in case you don't know, serum is a concentrated product that penetrates deep into the skin and tackles problems. It's made up of smaller molecules that go under the surface of the skin and deliver very highly concentrated ingredients. Don't freak out at the prices, fox, serums are generally more expensive than other skincare products because they're a potent magic investment your skin needs. They last a long time because you use a little bit!
How to use: Apply after toner is dry. Use a bit. Start at the center of the face and move outward. Pat into the skin so it's all even.
This light serum is wonderful for daytime use because it also acts as a primer and helps with optional (always optional) makeup application. Great if you have dull fall-into-winter-into-spring uneven skin, which is caused by natural aging (nothing to be ashamed of - be proud! You're getting wiser), sun damage, clogged pores, etc.
- Botanical blackjack: increases skin's collagen production. Nice.
- Daisy Flower Extract: brightens skin tone for glowiness. Double nice.
- Willowbark Extract: Gradually increases cell turnover which makes it radiant. Triple nice.
- Vitamin C: Antioxidant which targets fine lines, dry skin, etc. You know how when you start getting sick you drink more Vitamin C and you feel better the next day? Well it goes wonders for skin too.
Does anyone else get patchy/dry/uneven reddish skin once the sun goes away and every day is a battle with the cold? Ughhh. Well, we found this amazing anti-redness serum which is great for sensitive skin which is pissed and irritated about the elements (pollution, UV rays, winter, etc). Great for sensitive skin.
- Milk Polypeptides: soothe the skin and strengthen the lipid barrier
- Beta-Glucan: helps with redness and irritation
- Rice protein: improves cell life span which makes skin plump and alive
- Rumex: staves off damn hyperpigmentation which is an age thing. Natural, normal, but annoying.
- Hyaluronic Acid: nice hydration for the dry sad skin.
Vitamin C! Ahhhhh. It's great for boosting your immune system and great for boosting and brightening skin. It's like a youth serum. Great for traveling - because planes and airports suck your soul out of you through your skin. Helps with environmental stress factors like pollution, UV rays, heat, low humidity, cold, pollen, radiators, White House shenanigans. It's really concentrated, so use a little bit. It lasts for such a long time! And Derma-E is a dreamy, healthy brand that doesn't rob you completely.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Soothing Aloe
This is for all the ladies out there that want to keep that summer glow and aren't into the half-dead vampire winter look (anyone? no?). Or maybe you have sun-ruined uneven skin? Or almost permanent dryness? This serum is like the all-in-one everything magic potion. First of all, Coola is one of the best brands ever. Second of all, this serum isn't streaky or too blunt. It's a gradual glow that lasts up to three days. Great alone (don't use too much, and make sure it goes on evenly) or in your face moisturizer for a more gradual, buildable glow. We only tried it "gradually" - that is 2,3 drops in our day moisturizers.
- Argan oil
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic acid
- Plant stem cell cultures
Eco-certified cosmos organic, non-GMO, vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without perfume, retinyl palmitate, and synthetic colorants $54