Travel Skin: The Healthy Essentials
A couple of months ago before setting off on another international trip, we wanted to see what we should be taking with us on the plane to help our skin. Because, as you probably know from personal experience, plane travel is so awful for skin! The dry cabin air, the recirculated air, the nervous sweating, the fact that you're touching your face after touching the TV screen...which thousands of others have touched.
We found an article from a "beauty" website (the kinds that tell you to buy that $400 moiturizer!) that said something along the lines of, "The 20 Essentials To Take On Board With You For Perfect Skin". Um, excuse me, but if you're like us, we can barely fit in actual necessities in our carry-ons. It's ridiculous! So, we decided to find the easiest, healthiest travel skin (and hair) essentials to take both in your carry-on and in your luggage.
This kit includes: Soothing Cleansing Milk, Complexion-Quenching Facial Mist, Complexion-Boosting Moisturizer, Super Hydrating Eye Cream, Rescue Balm All-Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm.
This is the only thing we travel with that has to do with skincare. You probably don't want to bring all your skin potion bottles with you on a trip, no matter how long it is! On our recent trip to Europe for 2 months, this is the only thing we used. And it actually lasted us that whole time! Plus, freaked out travel skin did not make an appearance.
Air Repair Skincare is the only skincare line which was specifically created to fight the effects of flight fatigue and environmental facts that affect the skin. All the products are Petroleum, Mineral Oil, and Paraben-Free. They're perfect for all travel skin, and dry, dull, and sensitive skin in general.
Best part, it comes with its own baggie so the annoying TSA people won't bug you about putting it all in a plastic bag and then torture you by throwing things out.
- Soothing Facial Cleansing Milk: Delicate, just like your skin after you had three gin and tonics in a row and there's still three hours left of the flight. Contains Aloe Vera, Arnica Extract, and Chamomile for maximum soothing. Rosehip and Borage Oil repair. It doesn't foam, which is good, so don't think it's not there. It's just that good.
- Complexion Quenching Facial Mist: Hyaluronic Acid, and Aloe Vera Gel and supercooling and hydrating. Lavender and Calendula make your skin feel refreshed and toned.
- Complexion-Boosting Moisturizer + Super-Hydrating Eye Cream: This combo is everything. After applying, your skin feels like it has been reborn. It's glowy and shiny and smells like a field of flowers. Nothing quite like that feeling while you're sitting in the smelly airplane next to coughing children and an old lady who keeps blowing her nose.
- Rescue Balm All-Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm: This salve is the cure-all for everything. Seriously! Chapped lips, dry cuticles, dry hands, flaky skin...absolutely amazing and perfect for flights and winter.
This one you don't have to bring in your carry-on. But you should definitely bring it! Have you ever stayed up the night before your flight freaking out and trying to pour conditioner (which is farting out of the bottle and getting everywhere but) into a TSA approved bottle? This kit contains Rahua Classic Shampoo, Rahua Classic Conditioner, Rahua Body Shower Gel, and Rahua Body Lotion. So you have everything you need for hair and body in one beautiful, fragrant kit.
The ingredients, by the way, are pretty amazing as well.
- Rahua Oil: makes damaged hair stronger while nourishing the scalp. fortifies weak, damaged strands while nourishing and preserving scalp and hair follicle health
- Palo Santo Oil: You've probably heard of palo santo - its great to burn for cleansing energy in a home. It's known as “holy wood". It smells amazing.
- Quinoa: You've read right. Yeah. Quinoa promotes hair healing and moisture retention.
- Coconut & Shea Butter Betaines: Gently and effectively remove dirt and oil from your hair without stripping moisture.
- Aloe: soothes and moisturizes hair.
- And more great stuff!
We hope we made travel skin a bit easier to deal with. Happy travels!
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram: @theopalclubwellness